Project Highlights / Scope of Work
• Installed all electrical and power systems in new 175,000 SF cold storage building
• Work included lighting, controls, fire alarms, back-up generators, conduit and duct banks
• Installed automatic air-lock system to loading docks maintaining interior temperatures
• Installed 24 plug-in power pedestals for refrigerated trucks
• Sloppy working conditions due to heavy rainfall
EFBS Seafrigo is a French company specializing in transportation, storage and packaging of food imports and exports with warehousing facilities around the world. Beach Electric was contracted to install a full array of electrical systems to this newly constructed 175,000 SF cold storage building.
Duct banks and conduit were laid enabling the power supply to the building. Typical interior work included lighting, control units and the fire alarm system in both the warehouse and office space. Much of this work was done using our 45’ high lifts to access the 40’ ceilings. Unique to this refrigerated building was the automatic air-lock assembly at the loading docks which keeps cold air inside as freight is off-loaded. A vehicle leveling system was also placed in the loading docks to enable ease of unloading. Outside, a series of twenty four electric plug-in power pedestals was added allowing trucks to remain refrigerated in the docks. Back-up power generators were also included.
One challenging aspect of the project was the amount of inclement weather encountered early on. Heavy rainfall created sloppy conditions making installation, at times, difficult. By utilizing various surface preparation techniques, specialized equipment and all terrain vehicles we were able to circumvent this problem. Despite these difficulties, the job was finished ahead of schedule and on-budget.